Breaking Ground on Your Memoir: Craft, Inspiration, and Motivation for Memoir Writers
In Breaking Ground on Your Memoir, Linda Joy Myers (President of the National Association of Memoir Writers) and Brooke Warner (Publisher of She Writes Press) present from the ground up―from basic to advanced―the craft and skills memoirists can draw upon to write a powerful and moving story, as well as inspiration to write, finish, and polish their own story.
Full of rich insights and practical advice and strategies, Breaking Ground on Your Memoir offers all the tools writers need to write a powerful, publishable memoir.
In this book you will discover:
• how to get focused on what your memoir is about―your themes.
• how to build the structure of your story.
• techniques to make your memoir come alive.
• the secrets of craft: how to write a great scene, colorful and memorable descriptions, narration, and flashback.
• how to connect with your reader using through-threads and takeaway so they’ll keep turning the pages, and learn something about their own lives by reading your book.
Visit the authors online at WriteYourMemoirInSixMonths.com.
Buy on Amazon